We’ve compiled a list of 25 motivational Kawhi Leonard quotes to help you realize that the best way to being successful is by putting in the work.
Kawhi Leonard is one of the most dominating basketball players in the NBA. Although he is known as a man of few words, Leonard is no stranger when it comes to offering his advice when it comes to motivation, determination and hard work.
Leonard is a former NBA Champion and NBA Finals MVP who’s known for being a relentless defender and one of the hardest working players in the NBA. In fact, his hard work reputation dates back to his playing days at San Diego State, where he honed his playing skills before playing his NBA rookie season with the San Antonio Spurs.
And, since he’s been playing in the NBA, Kawhi Leonard’s been no stranger to success. He’s been named an NBA All-star, All-NBA First Team and NBA All-Defensive team multiple times, earning praise for his play by being named the back-to-back NBA Defensive Player of the Year in 2015 and 2016. After playing 7 seasons for the San Antonio Spurs, Leonard was ultimately traded to the Toronto Raptors in June of 2018.
However, despite having an injury plagued 2017-2018 season before he was traded to the Raptors, Leonard led Toronto to it’s first NBA Finals appearance in franchise history in the 2018-2019 season. That’s because Leonard has a reputation that’s been regarded as being the absolute hardest worker on the team, no matter what locker room he sets foot in.
Below is a list of the 25 best motivational Kawhi Leonard quotes to inspire you to get up and start working on your game. Per Leonard, there’s only certain things that you can control in life. And, the most important thing that you can control starts from within.
The 25 Best Kawhi Leonard Quotes to Motivate You to Go the Extra Mile
25. “I love the game of basketball. As long as I can keep playing and try to get some more championships with the organization, I’ll be happy.” – Kawhi Leonard
24. “As long as you give your best effort, I feel like that’s all you can do.” – Kawhi Leonard
23. “I just tried to play every game like it’s game seven of the NBA finals.” – Kawhi Leonard
22. “I could have gone to a bigger school. How use it as motivation going to a school that loved me. I wanted to put them on the map and show everyone that you don’t need to go to a top school to make it in the NBA.” – Kawhi Leonard
21. “I’m always trying to see what way I can lead so when the opportunity comes, it won’t just hit me in the face” – Kawhi Leonard
#20 of the Best Kawhi Leonard Quotes: “I want the kids to know that it’s not a myth that somebody from their city plays and wins in the NBA. I just want to influence them to work hard and do whatever they want to do in life, whether it’s to be a basketball player or scientist.”
19. “I played basketball when I was little because it was fun for me. It still is now. I just love it – I have a passion for it.” – Kawhi Leonard
18. “I’ll never try to win an award. I’m out there just playing for my team.” – Kawhi Leonard
17. “I’m not out here just for the money. I want to be a great player.” – Kawhi Leonard
16. “It’s definitely fun when you’re able to translate your practice into the game. It’s fun, and you know that your hard work paid off.” – Kawhi Leonard
15. “I look at film, but more than watching individual players. I’m trying to watch a team’s whole offense of scheme. I’m trying to know their tendencies so that I can… guess. That’s what it comes down to, really. It’s making the best guess.” – Kawhi Leonard
14. “I know people are going to put the main focus on stopping me, so I need to learn how to make my teammates better bypassing and creating opportunities for them.” – Kawhi Leonard
13. “People in the NBA are just as athletic as you. That’s the game. You have to change the pace. You have to change speeds to get around people.” – Kawhi Leonard
12. “I am not one of the guys in the league for the fame. I’m here so I can take care of my family, my mom, my friends and take care of myself.” – Kawhi Leonard
11. “Playing football helped me a lot growing up. Just reading the quarterbacks eyes and reading receivers, figuring out what they want to do.” – Kawhi Leonard
#10 of the Best Kawhi Leonard Quotes: “I worked hard. There are a lot of guys that staying the gym and don’t get any better. It’s about being smart, figuring out your weaknesses and not being scared to do it in the games”
9. “It’s how I’ve been playing my whole life – guarding the best player on the other team.” – Kawhi Leonard
8. “Basketball is all mental. I just have to worry about my game.” – Kawhi Leonard
7. “It’s just the game itself that drives me. I just want to be able to compete at a high-level.” – Kawhi Leonard
6. “Find a way to compete against players who are way better than you this summer.” – Kawhi Leonard
Top 5 Motivational Kawhi Leonard Quotes To Inspire You to Work Harder
5. “I like being the underdog so they don’t expect what’s going to happen. It pushes me to work harder and to do the things I’m not doing better.” – Kawhi Leonard
4. “Winning is motivation.” – Kawhi Leonard
3. “I work all summer and throughout the whole season to be prepared for the challenges that I have to face.” – Kawhi Leonard
2. “There’s nothing to be scared of. We are playing basketball. The only thing that can happen is you failing. But, as long as you’re going hard, there’s nothing to be scared of.”- Kawhi Leonard
1. “I don’t care about winning an MVP Award. The MVP doesn’t mean you’re the best player in the league” – Kawhi Leonard
If you liked our list of the best Kawhi Leonard Quotes, we have a ton of motivational quotes from other professional athletes that you need to check out.