We’ve compiled a list of the absolute 50 best Kobe Bryant quotes to inspire your inner ‘Mamba’. These are the greatest quotations from Kobe Bryant that we could find to help motivate you to achieve more in life.
Kobe Bryant is argued as one of the greatest, if not the greatest, basketball player of all-time. For 20 seasons in the NBA, Bryant dawned the number “8” and “24” jersey for the Los Angeles Lakers while having a historic career that garnered him numerous championships, endorsements, accolades and the hearts of countless basketball fans around the world.
Bryant, who entered the NBA Draft straight out of High School, was named an NBA All-Star 18 times during the course of his career. Kobe also was named to the All-NBA Team a total of 15 times while being named to the NBA All-Defensive team another 12 times. At 34 years old, Kobe Bryant was also the quickest player to score 30,000 points in the NBA. He led the entire NBA in scoring for two seasons and also is ranked #3 all time in regular season scoring and #4 all time in NBA post-season scoring.
Most importantly, Bryant won five NBA Championships with the Los Angeles Lakers. He was named the NBA’s Most Valuable Player in 2008 and was named the back-to-back NBA Finals MVP in 2009 and 2010. Throughout his career, he was known as one of the most dynamic guards in the NBA and was frequently compared to NBA legend Michael Jordan. Bryant was also known for his relentless work ethic and toughness on the court as he frequently battled and played through numerous injuries towards the end of his career.
Argued as one of the most complete players in NBA history, Bryant is no stranger to motivational quotes. His competitive side, which he states is the ‘Black Mamba’, is a widely known character that was based off of his desire to be the best basketball player in the world.
So, to help you tap into your ‘Mamba Mentality‘, we’ve created a list of the 50 best Kobe Bryant quotes to motivate you to take your effort to the next level. These motivational quotes from Kobe Bryant will help you realize that if you want to get to the top of the ladder of success, you need to start climbing with everything that you’ve got inside.
The 50 Best Kobe Bryant Quotes to Motivate You To Bring Out Your ‘Mamba Mentality’
#50 of the best Kobe Bryant Quotes: “Everything negative – pressure, challenges – is all an opportunity for me to rise.”
49. “I can’t relate to lazy people. We don’t speak the same language. I don’t understand you. I don’t want to understand you.” – Kobe Bryant
48. “Take it all in. Sit back and watch and listen and hear all the hate that’s being thrown and remember every person that’s kicking you when you’re down. Because next year, it ain’t gonna be this way. Appreciate it now. Let it sit in now, because revenge is sweet and it’s quick.” – Kobe Bryant
47. “I don’t want to be the next Michael Jordan. I only want to be Kobe Bryant.” – Kobe Bryant
46. “Im here. I’m not going anywhere. No matter what the injury – unless its completely debilitating – Im going to be the same player I’ve always been. I’ll figure it out. I’ll make some tweaks, some changes, but I’m still coming.” – Kobe Bryant
45. “Once you know what failure feels like, determination chases success.” – Kobe Bryant
44. “Life is too short to sit around and hold grudges.” – Kobe Bryant
43. “My parents are my backbone, they still are. They’re the only group that will support you if you score zero or you score 40.” – Kobe Bryant
42. “Better learn not to talk to me. If you shake the tree, a leopard’s gonna fall out.” – Kobe Bryant
41. “I would rather go 0-for-30 on the floor before I go 0-for-9. 0-for-9 means you beat yourself, you psyched yourself out of the game. The only reason is because you lost confidence in yourself.” – Kobe Bryant
#40 of the best Kobe Bryant Quotes: “If you want to be great at something, there is a choice that you have to make. What I mean by that is, there are inherent sacrifices that come along with that.” – Kobe Bryant
39. “ I’d rather be perceived as a mentor than a good teammate. I wish they both went hand-in-hand all the time, but that’s just not reality. I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success.” – Kobe Bryant
38. “I’m reflective only in the sense that I learn to move forward. I reflect (on my mistakes) with a purpose.” – Kobe Bryant
37. “If you don’t believe in yourself, nobody will do it for you.” – Kobe Bryant
36. “I’ll do whatever it takes to win games. Whether its sitting on a bench waiving a towel, handing a cup of water to a teammate, or hitting the game-winning shot.” – Kobe Bryant
35. “People just don’t understand how obsessed I am with winning.” – Kobe Bryant
34. “We don’t quit. We don’t cower. We don’t run. We endure and conquer.” – Kobe Bryant
33. “When I take off my shoe and I look down at my scar, I see beauty in it. I see al the hard work, all the sacrifice. I see the journey that it took to get back to this point of being healthy. And I see in that struggle. That’s what makes it beautiful.” – Kobe Bryant
32. “I realized that intimidation really didn’t exist if you’re in the right frame of mind.” – Kobe Bryant
31. “These young guys are playing checkers. I’m out there playing chess.” – Kobe Bryant
#30 of the best Kobe Bryant Quotes: “My brain, it cannot process failure. It will not process failure. Because if I sit there and have to dace myself and tell myself ‘You’re a failure’, I think that’s almost worse than death.” – Kobe Bryant
29. “Boos don’t block dunks.” – Kobe Bryant
28. “Pain doesn’t tell you when you ought to stop. Pain is the little voice inside your head that tries to hold you back because it knows if you continue, you will change. Don’t let it stop you from being who you can be. Exhaustion is what tells you when you ought to stop. You can only reach your limit when you can go no further.” – Kobe Bryant
27. “I’ve know for a long time that (sportswriters) are a bunch of idiots. I tend to use things as motivation that tend to be in the realm of reality.” – Kobe Bryant
26. “There’s a lot of talk about me being a one man show but that’s not the case. WE win games when I score 40 points and we’ve won when I score 10.” – Kobe Bryant
25. “Sports are such a great teacher. I think of everything they’ve taught me – camaraderie, humility, how to resolve differences.” – Kobe Bryant
24. “I don’t just try to score. The challenge for me is elevating my teammates so we experience success.” – Kobe Bryant
23. “Dedication sees dreams come true.” – Kobe Bryant
22. “Either way, I refuse to change. A lion has to eat. Either run with me or run from me.” – Kobe Bryant
21. “We don’t hang divisions (championships).” – Kobe Bryant
#20 of the best Kobe Bryant Quotes: “I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. I have nights when I show up at the arena and I’m like ‘My back hurts, my feet hurt, my knees hurt. I don’t have it. I just want to chill.’ We all have self-doubt. You don’t deny it, but you also don’t capitulate to it. You embrace it.”
19. “The most important thing is to try and inspire people so that they can be great in whatever they want to do” – Kobe Bryant
18. “If you’re afraid to fail, then you’re probably going to fail.” – Kobe Bryant
17. “Losing is losing – There aren’t different degrees of losing. You either win a championship or you’re sh*t. It’s very black and white to me.” – Kobe Bryant
16. “Despite fear, (you have to) finish the job.” – Kobe Bryant
15. “Winning takes precedence over everything. Theres no gray area. No almost’s.” – Kobe Bryant
14. “It’s the one thing that you can control. You are responsible for how people remember you, or don’t.
13. “Everything I saw, heard, read, or felt was viewed through the lens of growing as a basketball player. This perspective makes me curious about everything, makes everything interesting, and means that life is a living library where all I need to do is pay attention.” – Kobe Bryant
12. “If you’re afraid to fail, then you’re probably going to fail.” – Kobe Bryant
11. “I don’t talk trash often. But when I do, I go for the jugular.” – Kobe Bryant
10 Best Kobe Bryant Quotes of All-Time To Inspire Your Inner Mamba
10. ” A lot of leaders fail because they don’t have the bravery to touch that nerve or strike that chord.” – Kobe Bryant
9. “The moment that you give up is the moment that you let your opponent win.” – Kobe Bryant
8. “Rest at the end, not at the middle.” – Kobe Bryant
7. “The most important thing is that you must put everybody on notice that you’re here and you’re for real.” – Kobe Bryant
6. “Haters are a good problem to have. Nobody hates the good ones. They hate the great ones.” – Kobe Bryant
5. “Determination silences doubters.” – Kobe Bryant
4. “Friends come and go, but banners hang forever.” – Kobe Bryant
3. “Losers visualize the pain of failure. Winners visualize the rewards of success.” – Kobe Bryant
2. “Be willing to sacrifice everything, but compromise nothing in your quest to be the best.” – Kobe Bryant
1. “I step on the court, that’s me. I don’t play around. I’m not there to be your best friend. I’m there to destroy you.” – Kobe Bryant
If you liked our list of the absolute best Kobe Bryant quotes of all time, then we know you’ll love these quotes from famous athletes and coaches that will help spark your inner Mamba Mentality.