Matt LaFleur is the head coach of the Green Bay Packers and one of the youngest head coaches in the NFL. His meteoric rise to the top of the football coaching world can be attributed to his relentless work ethic and passion for the game of football. As a true journeyman starting his coaching career in Division II Football, LaFleur has put the work and dedication in to becoming one of the up and coming coaches with a bright future. He knows what hard work is all about, which is why we’ve created a list of the 35 Best Matt LaFleur Quotes to inspire you to keep grinding towards your success.
Matt LaFleur Coaching Career
After playing quarterback at Division II Saginaw Valley State from 2000-2002, LaFleur started his coaching career at his Alma mater the following year (2003) as an offensive assistant. Since Division II coaching salaries aren’t the greatest, LaFleur was also a substitute math teacher at local high schools while he was coaching at Saginaw Valley. After one season at Saginaw Valley, LaFleur continued to move up the coaching ladder as he garnered coaching positions at Central Michigan (Offensive Assistant), Northern Michigan (QB & Wide Recievers Coach), and Ashland (Offensive Coordinator).
In 2008, LaFleur’s big break came when he landed a job with the Houston Texans as an offensive quality control coach before he landed a job with the Washington Redskins from 2010-2013 as their quarterbacks coach. After the 2013 season, LaFleur returned to college football for one year as the quarterbacks coach for Norte Dame before he returned back to the NFL in 2015 as the quarterbacks coach for the Atlanta Falcons. In 2017, LaFleur joined the Los Angeles Rams as the offensive coordinator under Sean McVay before he left for the same position with the Tennessee Titans in 2018. On May 30th, 2019, LaFleur was named the head coach of the Green Bay Packers, which put him in the company of the world’s most elite football coaches.
The most notable takeaway from learning about his coaching career is that LaFleur’s path to the top was all about grinding it out. He paid his dues for more than 15 years before he was named as a head coach. Since he knows what hard work, dedication, and success are all about, we’ve created a list of the beat Matt LaFleur quotes to inspire you to achieve more in life.
Matt LaFleur Salary and Net Worth
Matt LaFleur’s coaching salary earns him approximately $5.0-5.5 million per season serving as the Head Coach of the Green Bay Packers. LaFleur’s contract with the Packers is a four-year contract with a fifth year option.
After his contract is complete with the Green Bay Packers, LaFleur will have potentially earned up to $22 million. If he and the Packers exercise a fifth year option, he will add $27 million to his net worth.
35 Best Matt LaFleur Quotes on Coaching, Hard Work, and Success
35. “Energy and love for your teammates is so contagious. It’s what brings a football team together.” – Matt LaFleur
34.“If you can focus on your job and doing it to the best of your ability, while playing for your teammates, then the sky is the limit.” – Matt LaFleur
33. “Number one, do your job. You’ve got to do your job before you can’t even worry about anybody else or any other situation.” – Matt LaFleur
32. “There’s a strength and a weakness to every play.” – Matt LaFleur
31. “We’re in a profession, if you’ve got thin skin, you’re not going to last very long.” – Matt LaFleur
#30 of the Best Matt LaFleur Quotes: “It’s about competition and how we are pushing ourselves to be at our best each and every day.”
29. “This league, you better take every game like you’re playing the world champion. If you don’t, this is a humbling league that will put you down in a hurry – every game is important.” – Matt LaFleur
28. “We try each and every week to win. We know what’s at stake, but every coach has that mindset, so it’s not easy to win.” – Matt LaFleur
27. “This league is about winning. It’s a very competitive league. Sometimes you don’t win as much as someone else thinks you should, and you’re out.” – Matt LaFleur
26. “If you look too far into the future, it can get pretty overwhelming. Just do the best that you can on a daily basis.” Matt LaFleur
25. “You have to hit the reset button (after a loss).” – Matt LaFleur
24. “Football is not easy. You need to navigate through adversity. I think you can find out a lot about people in times of adversity.” – Matt LaFleur
23. “Going into the game, you have to do your one-eleventh. Everybody has to do their job.” – Matt LaFleur
22. “I usually think about what can we do to be better. Win or lose, its about our process. It’s always what else can we do because there’s more out there for us.” – Matt LaFleur
21. “What’s special to me is when I can tell that guys are coming together as a team.” – Matt LaFleur
#20 of the Best Matt LaFleur quotes: “It’s 0-0 each week, and you’re trying to go 1-0.”
19. “Whenever you lose, you gotta wipe the slate clean and get ready for next week.” – Matt LaFleur
18. “You have to know your players. You have to know what they do well and then try to put them in a position to have success.” – Matt LaFleur
17. “Obviously, you gotta have really good players (to win), but the more that your players play for each other is going to lead to greater results and more success.” – Matt LaFleur
16. “Success boils down to getting the right type of players in the building. Anytime you have the opportunity to acquire good, high-character people, you have a much better chance of success happening.” – Matt LaFleur
15. “Certainly, as a coach you look at what your opponents are doing, but at the same time, you’re really focused on what you need to do to get better as a football team.” – Matt LaFleur
14. “You’re always adapting and evolving. Learning your guys, what they do well, what they’re comfortable with. When you see that your players are comfortable with something, as a coach you naturally become more comfortable with calling those things for them.”
13. “The experiences you have, you tend to take a little bit of what you like from each place and then environments you’ve been around to create your own winning culture.” – Matt LaFleur
12. “At the end of the day, it really comes back down to the players and what they do well so that you can really enhance their strengths.” – Matt LaFleur
11. “As a coach, you never want a guy going out there trying to do too much. Let your plays happen. As long as you attack it with that mindset, I think good things will happen.” – Matt LaFleur
Top 10 Matt LaFleur Quotes on Creating a Winning Culture Through Effective Coaching
10. “Coaching is all about finding out where a team is vulnerable and you attack that.” – Matt LaFleur
9. “I want to develop a championship culture that’s filled with high character people that are dedicated to becoming the best versions of themselves.” – Matt LaFleur
8. “I just try to go do the best job that I can on a daily basis. I don’t think that you can put any type of age on leadership.” Matt LaFleur
7. “Success is about playing smart, disciplined, and playing all together. It’s about doing your job to the best of your ability and trusting that your teammate is going to do their job as well.” – Matt LaFleur
6. “It’s a challenge each and every day to be better at your craft.” – Matt LaFleur
5. “If you kick enough field goals, that will get you beat every time.” – Matt LaFleur
4. “Talk is cheap. You gotta go out and do it.” – Matt LaFleur
3. “The more that your players play for each other is going to lead to greater results and more success.” – Matt LaFleur
2. “Whether it was in high school, college, or the NFL – The closest teams – that were the most connected and played for each other – were the teams that had the most success.” – Matt LaFleur
1. “There’s no doubt that you can always do better. And, it starts with me.” – Matt LaFleur
We hope that you liked our list of the best Matt LaFleur quotes we could find. Although these coaching quotes from Matt LaFleur touch on a wide variety of topics, they all hone in on one central theme: Doing the best job that you can on a daily basis. If you can execute discipline and control what you can control, then you’ll be well on your way to the top as well.